Why coffee is good for the health of your liver | HealthWise Coffee

Your shopping cart is empty.

healthwise

Another Cirrhosis Avoidance Study Tied to Coffee Consumption

March 19, 2016 Jim Couch

Another Cirrhosis Avoidance Study Tied to Coffee Consumption

Here we go again!  Another new study points to the continuing reports that coffee may be an important therapeutic agent. 

This study comes from the UK from a researcher by the name of Dr. OIiver Kennedy from Southampton University, who led a group of researchers who reviewed nine previous studies covering what happened to 430,000 people. 

Researchers determined that people could cut the chances of developing cirrhosis of the liver by 65% if they consumed four cups of coffee per day.  Drinking one cup yielded a 22% percent less chance; two cups -- 43% less chance; and three cups --  57% less chance.

This follows a study two years ago which came to a similar conclusion.  A study from Dr. Woon-Puay Koh from Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School Singapore and the National University of Singapore found that those who drank two or more cups of coffee per day had a 66% less chance of dying from cirrhosis. 

Something in coffee's over 1,000 bioactive compounds is giving this protection!



Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published


Prev Next