Bacon and Egg Cups with Avocado
Here's a great morning recipe to keep you going till lunch!
Bacon and Egg Cups with Avocado. Adding avocado before cooking changes the flavor and texture slightly. It's like finding a little treasure at the bottom of your breakfast.
Butter or coconut oil
4 slices thick-cut bacon
½ large avocado, diced
4 pastured eggs ("Pastured" means that the eggs come from chickens permitted to roam free and snack on plants and insects.) Sea salt and fresh-cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease four cups in a muffin tin with butter or coconut oil.
- In large, heavy-bottomed frying pan, cook bacon over medium-low heat until lightly cooked, but still pliable, 3-4 minutes.
- Divide diced avocado evenly among greased muffin cups.
- Line sides of each muffin cup with one slice of bacon. Crack an egg into each muffin cup, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake 15-20 minutes,or until whites are firm and yolks arestill slightly soft.
- Cool bacon and egg cups in muffin tin 2-3 minutes, then carefully remove from tin by running a rubber spatula around edges of each one. Serve immediately.
per serving: 360 cal; 22g pro; 29g total fat (8g sat fat); 5g carb; 730mg sodium; 3g fiber; 1g sugars
Written by nicole for Better Nutrition and legally licensed through the Matcha publisher network. Please direct all licensing questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add a new comment